Slackware 13 released
Is more than a month from then, but I was very surprised. I almost totally forgot about Slackware … it was my first Linux operating system back in 1997.
Probably is a good thing to spread the Slackware release features to other Linux enthusiast:
New features in Slackware 13.0
1. a new package format (txz)
2. KDE version 4.2.4
3. Xfce version 4.6.1
4. support for 64-bit x86_64
5. kernel 220.127.116.11
6. GNU C Library version 2.9.
7. gcc-4.3.3 as the default C, C++, Objective-C, Fortran-77/95, and Ada 95 compiler.
8. X11 based on the X.Org
9. a repository of extra software
10. Konqueror 4.2.4, SeaMonkey 1.1.17 , and Firefox 3.5.2
11. KOffice, KDevelop
12. GTK applications like pidgin, gxine-0.5.903, xchat-2.8.6, etc
13. Perl 5.10.0, Python 2.6.2, Ruby 1.8.7-p174, Subversion 1.6.4, git-1.6.4, mercurial-1.2.1 and etc
More about Slackware 13.0 read here: